188 questions

218 answers

207 comments

725 members

Ask a question
+1 vote
in Smart Autonomous Solutions by
TMT250 power saving issues

1: Used on dog collar the device is operative about 4 hours until it runs out of battery. How should it be configured to prolong usage time?

2. Suggestion: add setting to put device to sleep, if speed is above set value.   When driving there is no need for dog location, but TMT250 drains battery very fast, if left on while driving. Data Acquisition Mode <unknown> could be used for this purpose.

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Dear Kontu,

Q:1: Used on dog collar the device is operative about 4 hours until it runs out of battery. How should it be configured to prolong usage time?

A: It all goes down to how often the data has to be sent to the server. Frequent data sending results in faster battery drain.  I suggest Low Power mode and adjust Data Acquisition settings to maximize battery life.

The test have been done and the device reaches 4 days of battery life. With these settings:

Data Acquisition → On stop/On move Send period set to 3600 seconds (1 hour) and System → Tracking mode set to Low Power mode.

2. Suggestion: add setting to put device to sleep, if speed is above set value.   When driving there is no need for dog location, but TMT250 drains battery very fast, if left on while driving. Data Acquisition Mode <unknown> could be used for this purpose.

Thank you for your feedback! We will look into it. If you are eager to get this feature, please contact your Sales manager.

Best regards,

Simonas

Best answer
by
Thankyou for your answer, but:

If I understand right, with Send Period =3600 the positions of the device recorded will be updated to server once per hour. This is not useful for constant observing the position of the device. It is useful for only checking the path afterwards.  My doggie might be 20 km away after one hour...

Please suggest reasonable configution, where updating period is no more than 60 sec.
by
Hello Kontu,

At the moment there is no solution where the device will last longer without changing the power mode or data sending frequency.

There is a new firmware in testing phase at the moment, which would let the device to track every 60 seconds on Low Power energy saving mode.

Best regards,

Simonas